NOT EVERYTHING IS THE DEVIL

Picture credit: Redbubble


A lady shared her story or should I say a testimony and while reading, I had this strong conviction to write about it because this is exactly what we get to hear in the society or what most people do due to our religious mind. 

Constant blaming of the devil even for minute things we caused with our own hands has become a major deal. Our bodies cannot demand for rest even after stressing it without us ascribing it to the devil.

Back to the said story/testimony, she had difficulty breathing for days. According to her, it was so severe that her bones were weak and she could practically do nothing. Sometimes, it was as if her breath was suspended. She had a production later in the week which required energy hence, she started "praying" for quick recovery and kabashing the devil.

This is where I will come in. Do we truly understand the meaning of prayer? I am not denying the existence of divine healing rather am I criticing  it but truth be told, most people have died as a result of this.

Reminds me of my aunt who kept rubbing anointing oil on my body while I was sick and I kept deteriorating day by day. Thank God for the intervention of a nurse (of blessed memory) who forcefully took me to the hospital. I could have died as a result, not because God wasn't answering prayers but because we failed to do our parts by going to the hospital for proper checkup.

God is not a magician!

It is just like an asthma patient refusing to use his/her inhaler while there is crisis and claiming that God will heal him/her. Whatever happened to using the inhaler while praying for healing alongside?! Rugged faith! Isn't that what it is called? But it'll interest you that rugged faith is not for everyone.

The lady in question also mentioned that the breathing issue became so intense one of the nights that she could not feel her heart again; she was literally dead. I expected to read about her going to the hospital for proper medical checkup but there was nowhere it was mentioned in the story.

Instead, she tuned in to this popular morning prayer where the pastor said there was a lady whom the devil wants to devour but God has rescued her bla bla bla. Plus her mum prayed for her and she became whole again. Amazing thing is she woke up and met her neighbour's goat, dead. Sounds like a typical nollywood movies, right? But it is reality.

Curiosity got a better hold of me so I decided to look through the comments. Only one person advised that she go for her medical checkup, however, he was countered.

I'm not a doctor but I've come to realize that some major deaths could have been averted if not for the lackadaisical nature of people. There is a place for the spiritual likewise, there is a place for the physical. Also, sickness does not come in full force. It starts from something small. Imagine the said girl collapsing on the way one day and called to glory; the mother will start blaming her village witches.

I still don't understand how someone will have such symptoms in a time when there is a pandemic and not rush to the hospital...
Isn't difficulty in breathing one of the main symptoms of Covid-19? Tor it is well o

My take: even if it is the devil attacking, combat him in all ways (spiritually and physically). Don't aid him!

Also, pay attention to your health. It is very important and a sure way to live long.

Share your thoughts using the comment box. I'd be glad to read them.

Ire o!

I write again when my peppersoup is ready.

Mobola.


Comments

  1. *clears throat*

    This is just to publicly announce that I'm the first to comment.😌

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I feel like my mum needs to read this....not everything is the Devil actually. Thanks for this blog alert.
    Some people won't do the right thing but will always expect right things to happen.😒😒😒

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some African parents are sitting pretty on this table.


      This mentality is why we lose some people to the cold hands of death. We really need to start taking actions.

      Delete
  3. "God is not a magician!"

    This is one thing I keep telling religious people. The holy books (of both religions) never implored anyone to be stupid. Somehow, these holy books keep getting misunderstood.

    Thank you for sharing this, Mobola.

    Someday soon, we will talk about ulcer patients who at the expense of their health, choose to fast. Till then, ire o.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see that ulcer patients issue ehn, it's on another level.

      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. God would not fix a broken pipe - until we fully learn to distinguish between the work of God from the work of satan and finally the work of our hand's life would be traffic. Tremendous insight Mobola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The distinction between the trio is quite hard for some people.

      Thanks for reading, Enah the great.

      Delete
  5. I had hernia once and thought it was going to away like that. Thank God my mom took me to the hospital for surgery. Mind you, I was angry at first that God didn't heal me. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. God healed you, however, it was not the fast paced one you were looking for.

      Delete
  6. I might to be late to the party.

    This reminds me of a story a Muslim told me. According to her, she can never become a Christian because her neighbor refused to take her sick baby to the hospital. Instead the neighbor soaked their Church handkerchief inside water and gave it to the child. The child eventually died.

    We must do our parts if want healing to work. Remember Jesus didn't heal blind Bartimeus with his bare hands. He used mud and water. Healing needs a vessel sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really pathetic. She just wasted the innocent child's life due to ignorance. May God help us all.

      Delete
  7. Well done...
    Our parents won't hear, they won't listen. They love faithing everything.

    Somethings can be avoided if diagnosed and treated on time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we have to deal with in their generation. It is a relief that such belief is gradually fading out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DETERMINE YOUR CIRCLE

FASHION GONE WRONG

THROWBACK MEMORIES