THE VAL MESSENGER



It's barely three weeks to valentine and the memories from my secondary school days hit me hard.

Valentine in I.A.G.C is usually special both for the young and old. However, it is a day to shout "God when" for some of us that has no lover, school mother and other school shenanigans.

Second term is always a special term to look forward to. Not because of anything spectacular but because of Valentine's day. Right from the beginning of the term, you'd get to hear people chant the popular anthem crafted solely for valentine. It goes thus:

Call: Who will be my val?

Res: Valentine

Call: Will you be my val?

Res: Valentine

Call: Come and be my val

Res: Valentine

Well, some are always lucky to pair up with their val but for people like me, we always end up as "messenger of love" on the D-Day. Needless to say, we are always the bringer of good news; the one and only delivery ladies with the basket of love.

Ah! I've been doing deliveries, e don tey.

Wait first, let me drink water. I'd be right back with a sequel. Stay tuned!

Quick one! It's not too late to pick me as your Val. I'm readily available but I have no money for gift.

Will you be my val? Epp my life biko.

Till I find my val, I remain,

Mobola.


Comments

  1. ๐Ÿคฃ แปŒmแป! It's like you and I will be each other's val this year oh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have money? Like plenty money to buy me gifts?

      If yes, kindly send in your application. If no, please move forward.

      Delete
    2. I can collect from whatever he gifts you as I no get val sef

      Delete
    3. I'm not sharing. Kindly look for your val

      Delete
  2. Abi you be messenger. I no be anyone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in the category of "God when".

      I feel your pain, bro

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DETERMINE YOUR CIRCLE

FASHION GONE WRONG

THROWBACK MEMORIES