THE VAL MESSENGER 3



After days of strategic planning and decision making, we finally got to a conclusion. Trust students na. We would always devise a means no matter how tough the situation is.

On Valentine's eve, the hostels were bubbling. Every pen that has been forgotten in the basket of love were revived. The oyinbo was not from this world. The services of people like me, who had beautiful writings was employed to craft out love messages. I wrote letters, no be small. 

Wahala for who no get fine writing sha!

I would have shown you one of my letters but sadly I don burn them. Old things have passed away. Lol. A typical love letter in my school starts with oriki:

Dear Ajoke mi, how are you? I hope you are fine. If so doxology!

(Whispers) I still don't know the meaning of the word till date. Wo, mio le waku!

Honestly, I wish I had a business mind back then. I would have become a billionaire through writing love letters.

Back to my delivery adventure...

That year's valentine fell on a Friday. A perfect weekend to carry out our plans. The gifts were carefully packaged in a school bag with books. 

So I set out on my first delivery service.

Hmmmmm... My chest was doing gbimgbim like my village people's drum. My legs refused to move and my hands suddenly became cold. Suddenly, I could hear my mum's voice yelling at me but the indaboski in me kept saying "You can do it!"

I readjusted the backpack and set out, looking left and right like a thief with contraband. The last thing I told myself was...

...if I die, I die!

I am still looking for a Val. You people should please na!

Till I find a Val, I remain,

Mobola.

Comments

  1. Wahala for who no dey celebrate val.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should I find you a Val? I mean a godly val

      Lol

      Delete
  2. You can't have a val, finish. Sha make this money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every spirit, every human, every hoodlum that's against me finding a Val...

      Hmmm! Should I continue?

      Delete
  3. Loll. Omo which Kain suspense be this. Make I find val val for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suspense is one of the ingredients that spice up stories.

      Please, find me a Val. I'd appreciate

      Delete
  4. the daY you find val, we'll throw partyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really were the val messenger. Wàhálà. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wanted to say it's abinibi but I remembered my mum might be reading.

      I can't answer query of an African mother

      Delete
  6. The fear of getting caught is what makes it so fun...
    I can relate 💯 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Cupid keep playing hide and seek...legends say your heart is made of titanium.

    When would this battle end?

    Can you people just call it a truce?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This battle ehn, only errrrm can solve it o.

      Let Cupid just find me a val

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DETERMINE YOUR CIRCLE

FASHION GONE WRONG

THROWBACK MEMORIES