JOLIFICATION WEEKEND

Hi lovers,

The weekend is here already and I was thinking on what to write on and boom, something came to mind. Today, I will be writing on ways to enjoy leisure during weekends or better put, things to do and avoid during your leisure and on weekends.

It is no news that Lagos alone is stressful not to talk of her children: stress and traffic. These two are energy sapping and if not properly managed can lead to various health issues. Thus, it is important to devise a means to recover all lost strength in order to be fully prepared for the coming week.

Now, sit back and enjoy.

Sleeping
First on my list is sleep, sound sleep. I know many people will have predicted this to be the first thing I would mention. Sleep is a natural antistress drug needed to regain lost energy. You do not need to have a basket full of pain relievers; just sleep and watch it do its magic.

Writing
Contrary to people's opinion that writing is stressful, writing can be a form leisure activity. It does not need to be perfect. Like my favourite quote "write as little as you can and as much as you can".

Exercising
When people think exercise, they believe it has to be rigorous, however, that is not true. Those little activities such as stretching, walking, skipping, taking a stroll, swimming, jogging and even dancing counts as an exercise. You do not necessarily need to go to a gym house or carry dumbbells. Left to me, my best exercise is dancing. I may not be a good dancer but at least I can shake my body to burn out some calories.

Taking Pictures
You can never go wrong with a picture! I am aware most people do not like taking pictures but you can give it a try today.

Listening to music
I know this post will be discarded by some people if I do not mention this. Music is an healing balm, it is a mirror to the soul. Carefully select your playlist and you are good to go.  Well, as for me, there are times I do not open my music gallery for a month or so. I am not a die hard fan of music but I sure listen to the whole song on my music gallery when I want to.

THINGS TO AVOID

Try as much as possible to reduce the time you spend on your phone and other gadget's screen. This helps your eyes and brain to relax perfectly well. If possible, reduce the number of owanmbe's you attend during weekend. I know this is quite hard for Lagosians since the weekend is devoted to that and everyone wants to rock and groove but in all honesty, rest should be prioritized over that. Also, limit the number of chores you fix to your weekend so as not to overburden yourself.

Let me stop here. Which of the activity do you enjoy doing and how do you relax on weekend?

I'd be waiting in the comment section. Happy weekend!

Till I take enough pictures, I remain,
Mobola.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Awesome! Little wonder you were not so cool when you forgot your earpiece at home while traveling

      Delete
  2. Reading helps me relax a lot, just get me good books and I'd just sigh and curl up��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second to comment counts too right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music����

    ReplyDelete
  5. lagos sucks🤤 yet village boys wanna come to the city..lol🤣🤣

    please can i just mind my business and drink water on it on that lagos issue.??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barcelona fans cannot do all of these things you listed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching football is a leisure activity too; whether one's team wins or losses.

      By the way, if Barca fans catch you ehn...

      Delete
  7. A bottle of chardonnay with a good steak does a whole lot of revitalization with an atmosphere of cool music after a good soak in the jacuzzi complimented with a sound sleep...you are good to go.
    The new week is as clean as a whistle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My God! You crowned it all. I need this kind of treatment too

      Delete
  8. See that sleep, exercise and music is all I need in this life...others can come later.
    Thanks boo, the clubs n bars have been opened...we gonna dance our sorrows away💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

    ReplyDelete
  9. Music and reading always does it for me. Then writing. I love other things like taking pictures, sightseeing and strolling too but you see my the Levic Trinity, they heal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I do is sleep, clean the house and cook. I love doing house chores but reading and writing are my sleeping pills, I tried this two lot of times but did not work for me. Whenever the house is dirty and unkept I feel uncomfortable even if I'm feeling sleepy, I enjoy clean the house, I guess that's the only thing I'm good at.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oluwa ooo....
    I will sleep so tey, sleeep will beg me say he don do🤣
    Aside sleeping, I love to relax with a good read by my side. I listen to music too, but if he don reach small time like this, the thing dey scratch my ears 😣
    Casually surfing the net is a relaxing thing for me too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DETERMINE YOUR CIRCLE

FASHION GONE WRONG

THROWBACK MEMORIES