INVESTMENT: THE ORDER OF THE DAY

Dad and I got talking about my grandpa; how he lived a luxurious life, his no nonsense attitude and his disciplinary actions. Dad even went ahead to say my grandpa was a disciplinarian to the core. Sadly, I was still too young when he died. But I was amused and knew for sure that I was a true blood of Pa Adeoye, as he was fondly called.

Nevertheless, something struck me when dad brought out grandpa's picture to show me. This man was clad in a damask agbada (the oldies will understand what it means to have damask back then) complemented with a gold wristwatch, necklace and a shining shoe. The lense of his glasses shone bright in the picture. All these descriptions pinpointed to something. My grandpa was rich! But he made a mistake, a great one at that. He did not believe in INVESTMENT. He owned no land, houses or companies despite his riches.

Investment is one great way of preserving one's riches. Like investopedia rightly defined, investment is the act of putting money to work for future benefits. It is not in itself enough to save and keep saving money. I am not saying it is not good to save. Do not get me wrong.

Also, investment does not necessarily mean involvement in business. One can invest in one self in order to be valuable. In fact, investing in oneself is the greatest investment ever especially in this generation. Change your orientation! Do not be like my grandpa whose riches just went with the wind because of his failure to invest/ invest in the right thing.

Invest in yourself!
Invest your time in something reasonable!
Invest your money in something profitable!

As usual, I would love to hear from you in the comment section. Do have a wonderful week ahead!

Till I write again,
Mobola.

Comments

  1. Wow....this is so true.Nice write-up Mobola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmnnn.
    O Apt πŸ‘Œ
    Mobola comman invest in me naπŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  3. Investment is one of the smartest thing we can do while on Earth. It's transferred to the next generation and to the next after if properly managed. Robert Kiyosaki would say there are no bad investment but only when "the investor does not know the difference between an asset or liability that makes investing risky."
    Time is our most important asset, what we use our time for goes a long way to determine our future and the future of generations to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing when to invest in yourself(improve ur value), on yourself(your material possession), on others(friends family,strangers etc) and to invest in the future(land,business,shares etc) is the best of knowledge anyone can have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DETERMINE YOUR CIRCLE

FASHION GONE WRONG

THROWBACK MEMORIES