CONCEPT OF THEORY AND APPLICATION

Photo credit: TeamDouble

Someone once asked me if I can communicate in pidgin and I gallantly said yes. I mean I hear people saying the language around me, moreover, I studied it as a course in school. So why shouldn't I be able to effectively use it in communication.

Mobola has forgotten that theory is far different from practical. A truth some people are yet to come to terms with. Only heaven knows if my village people heard me boasting that day and they decided to disgrace me. Using pidgin in spontaneous speech is more difficult than you can ever imagine. 

"Mobola, how far na? I hear say you dey run a blog. You fit explain wetin d blog dey for" came the question.

I stood there transfixed. I did not know what to say. Not that I did not have the answer but it dawned on me I could not make a long sentence with pidgin especially when a Warri boy is involved. I would have to overcome that feat with cold mixing (mixing one language with another in a sentence). I just quietly accepted defeat and started my 'ngbati ngbati'.

Photo credit: TeamDouble

"Tah! U tink say e easy to dey yarn wafi with correct Warri boy? Dem go crush u with d language con sell u join. U con dey laugh me. No be adulterated pidgin I dey refer to o. Abeg"

I discovered a wonderful secret we have been oblivious to. Theory is way different from practical or better put, application. A student can be good with theory, memorizing all that there is to know and wonderfully writing it down during evaluation to attain a good grade but not all can survive when it comes to applying the said knowledge. More reason why most graduates these days are unemployable and the rate of unemployment keeps increasing. You need not tell me there is no job in the country; it is a known fact but the available few finds it hard to employ people because of this sole reason.

Theory is good, no doubt, however, there should be a paradigm shift from theory to application. Today's world need more of people who can creatively, note the word "creatively", apply what they have learnt to solve problems. 

I no say my tori dey tori tori u. If u no say pidgin sure for u, oya grab your keypad and leave a comment.

Thanks for reading! I love you all. Happy new month!

Till I can perfectly communicate in pidgin, I remain,
Mobola.

Comments

  1. You for talk am say na *totori* you. But as e dey so, na real matter you talk. As we we gather dey yarn for say work no dey area, dem wey sabi know as the thing dey go. No be the sidon wey we do for class go give person 100k salary job... but we dey alright sha... nothing spoil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guy, na true you yarn but as e dey so, I dey look for person wey fit teach me. You fit helep me out?

      Delete
  2. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Never been fan for pidgin. But I try small, sha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't speak pidgin but then the tori sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol this one get as e be o to yarn for pidgin nur easy o
    We dey d adulterated group
    Na small small actually to apply what the theory express to a real life scenery is a job well-done.
    A dupe Mobola ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E no easy at all and as e dey so, pidgin na d way for this generation o.

      Enah sef dey d adulterated group. Ope o, I get partner

      Delete
  5. Pidgin no easy to yearn like that but e no make sense as you talk tori tori omo na titori.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loool no bite tongue abeg ooo. pidgin no dey 4 everyone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmmnnn.
    The tori lit pa, but make we no enter that zone of speaking pigin. A friend of mine who speaks pigin well ones told me I speak pigin like my tooth were on strike๐Ÿ˜ญ
    It's sad that people keep placing importance on theory rather than practical. They are but important though, but what will you say is the essence of something you know and can't practicalize.
    Even our educational system as a whole doesn't support practical; thus it is left to individual to develop themselves. Don't wait for something you know you can't have from a particular source, seek other avenues; take those practical course, attend those workshop and seminar, read those books and but them into action

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preach on sis! Self development is a key factor to surviving in this generation

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Course rep sef no carry last for pidgin matter

      Delete
  9. I just dey jam dis one now, true-true the Tori clap no be chais... But on how e be now if you gbadu am make i show you how you fit dey Yan Wella with pidgin... Just ring my kapa for the oti ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DETERMINE YOUR CIRCLE

FASHION GONE WRONG

THROWBACK MEMORIES