SEXUAL ABUSE - SEXUAL KNOWLEDGE (PART 2)


The devil is a liar! Somebody shout the devil is a liar! I have written a handful only for my phone to suddenly go off even when my battery percent is 89. I guess it is because of how sensitive the topic is. That's by the way.

Couple of months back, I had written on sexual abuse but did not get to complete it. Today, I would be writing a sequel to it. However, I'd be giving two scenarios.

I was so bored yesterday and I decided to do a video call with a friend. In the course of our conversation, I had shouted "fuck you" and I did not fail to catch the weird looks from my neighbours. Then a man approached me and said "you shouldn't be saying those words. It's not befitting for a well trained girl like you". I only smiled but instead of replying, I had grabbed my notepad and penned something. He has given me inspiration for a topic. It was not bad of him poke nosing after all. I was just wondering if this man knows how sexually knowledgeable I am, then he'd commit suicide. I can also remember the reaction of people when I posted a friend's sexcapades series on my status.

The second scenario is my brother. We were watching a film and they were kissing. My dad teased him saying he shouldn't watch this because it is above his age bracket. He looked my dad straight in the eye and said do you think I don't know all these. We've been taught in school. Moreover, you made a mistake by not telling me to go inside right from the beginning of the movie since it was rated 16. Wherever he got the courage from, only God knows. Lol

As parents, one important signal that can attract predators to your kids is " leave me alone". As simple as the word leave me alone sounds, its effect is more than you can imagine. I know parenting is not easy and there are times you would not even be in the mood for talks and all of that but you do owe your children a listening ear no matter their age bracket.

Let's leave parents and focus on you - yes, you. Have you ever taken out time to study sexuality or you feel it's unholy to do so or better still, you feel a well trained child should not read up on sex. That's where we are getting it all wrong. That you know all these things doesn't mean you should practice, so what's your excuse. At least we don't take up an employment the day we start school - it's always a gradual process. Oh! I was once like you but I got to realise there is no use being knowledgeable in books and being a dullard in other aspects hence, I took up the courage to read on these things. As it is now, I'm not even afraid to share my knowledge whenever people are talking - irrespective of what you think of me.

The deal is take time out to appreciate yourself -whether male or female. Stand in front of a mirror and explore your body. Compliment yourself from time to time. This wouldn't make you grin over such compliment when you receive them from opposite sex. Tell me I'm beautiful and I have a great body and watch my head shouting back at you "I know" even though I hide it under thank you.

Read extensively. Study the basic human anatomy. Know every functions of the various part of the body. There is a reason biology is among the subjects we study in school. This has once helped me to escape a sexual assault from a doctor, even at a tender age. Hopefully, I'll find the strength to tell my SAS story someday.



Above all, be knowledgeable about sex. This would prevent daughter and son of Zion from offing paiynt.

Good morning and happy Sunday. I wish you all the best in this new week.

Comments

  1. I just read now it's lovely as usual with good morals. Lemme go and write the third in the Zen's Confession series. Nice work Mobola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's talk about sex - a 80's song but ring through till now. I told my Mom to talk to my sister about sexual advances. She is still in JSS but she needs to know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sexual education is so important and it shouldn't be overlooked in all forms.
    The child needs to understand what's going on in his or her body, everyone has a role to play. An adage says "it takes the community to raise a child" they are various things a child is expected to know at different age group.
    Parents are responsible for educating the child.
    Siblings and relatives also has a role to play.
    The child also learns from school and friends.
    But the home education should come first!
    Parents should be interested in their children runnings no matter how busy things may be.
    Try to attend parents and teachers association meetings
    Where qualified teachers would intiate a program where parents can learn how to communicate the right things when treating this sensitive subject.
    Few class to the child's puberty stage parents and guardians should by now know the right things to say.
    No matter how you shield your child there is always a lesson life has to teach him or her good or bad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DETERMINE YOUR CIRCLE

FASHION GONE WRONG

THROWBACK MEMORIES