MY PLAN VERSUS GOD'S PLAN

When God does some things, we actually feel or think it's a detriment to our person. We feel dejected, rejected and absolutely neglected. It seems like we are at the end of it all and there is no hope. That's applicable to my story of wanting to be a lawyer and a human right activist. If you check the back of my secondary school notebooks, you'll see the inscription Mobola, the activist. Funny, right? I was so sure of it and thought "nothing could/would ever change my resolve" but lo and behold, God had a different plan. As it is now, I doubt if I'll ever be happy if I had gone into that field. You know why? I didn't really prepare myself for what the job entails - learning to accommodate and keeping a cool head about situations. This girl you see would blow things out of proportion, talk harshly, scream and all of that.

Maybe by now, I'd have broken someone's head or I would have forgotten how to smile/laugh genuinely (lol). Hence, why God skillfully diverted the way. I remembered telling someone I'd be pursuing a second degree in law and the reaction I got left me smiling till date. He had said "You? Law? I can't imagine how strict you'll be".

Apparently, this current field of mine is a way of God telling me
"Baby, you first need to learn self control". I have never been more happy. Yeah the road seems longer but it was surely needed. In all things, trust God for direction. He never leads one astray.

Comments

  1. Hanty come and marry me. You have too much sense. Pass some to our kids😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your proposal has successfully been added to my list of marriage proposals.

      Delete
    2. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

      Delete
    3. Lol. There is hope. I added you to the list. Some didn't make the list.

      Delete
  2. This is very true. God has a way of putting us on the right path even when. We thirst for what's not best for us. I love this and I've learnt from it. Kudos to the writer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this is very useful and inspiring.

      Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I remember always being thankful for God's plans over my plans, as it in end you can't help but be amazed of the way his plans always supercedes ours. Thanks Mobola🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can relate. Even though we humans prefer shortcuts but however, his ways are not our ways. His got the perfect plan for everyday.

      Thank you for your contribution.

      Delete
  4. I have learnt the hard way to always listen to God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Abdulmalik, the good news is that you learnt. Some doesn't despite the shortcomings.

      Delete
  5. This is perfect. And just so you know, I dread them activist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll have to reconsider doing it. So you can dread me (lol).

      Thanks for your feedback.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DETERMINE YOUR CIRCLE

FASHION GONE WRONG

THROWBACK MEMORIES