SMILE; A SPECIAL GIFT

I have come to realise that one of the greatest gift you can give to someone without thinking of the cost is your smile. Seems so little, right? Yes, but a warm smile can give life to a dying soul. However, smiling should not be limited to our circle alone. I have noticed that most people retracts that smile from those at wrung of the social ladder. Instead of smiling, they frown and say hurtful words to them. But the truth is not everyone can be rich, and those we feel are inferior to us have their usefulness. We all need one another to make life worth living and easier.

This new found mentality was what informed my actions sometimes back. Few months ago, I made a decision to smile and greet every menial job workers I meet on my way. From the road cleaners, to the petty traders, beggars and the less privileges. At first, it was tasking but with time, I got accustomed to it. From what I discovered, smiling and greeting them was a source of hope; a kind of message that they are humans too and they can make the most out of life. I vividly remembered the day I was so overwhelmed with school stress and I had worn a frown that particular morning; the man at the bus stop to which I say good morning to every morning had called my attention.

"Madam, you don't look good this morning. Is all well? Please, put on a smile. It is what inspires us to live." he said accompanied with a smile.

I couldn't help but smile in return. In a nutshell, everything is not about money. Sometimes, we just need to light others with our candle of happiness. Let out a smile now, today and everyday. It's the greatest gift you can give someone, consciously or unconsciously.

Thanks for reading!
Your feedback would be highly appreciated.

Comments

  1. Yaaaay... First to comment🥳 I started off doing this thing also (greeting menial workers, smiling at them and asking how they are doing). Everyday car zooms past them, people walk by and litter what they just swept, and they have to do it all over the next day. The little things matter a lot. I also try walking up to people and asking why they are frowning and crack a joke or two to make them smile. This habit is hardearned. And trust me, people never forget. In this messed up country, being the reason for another person's smile is everything. Smiling at people also, is contagious, they mostly smile back. Thanks for this this Hanty Mobola

    Let me stop here before my comment becomes longer than the post sef. Hian🚶🏾‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know someone would break your "first to comment" jinx one day. I'm so happy I'm not the only one that have cultivated this habit. I hope more people would be enlightened and join soon.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Absolutely. Try put a smile on someone's face too.

      Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Really? That's great! How does it feel? It must have been awesome

      Delete
  4. Just passing by 🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uncle Piper! Have you let out a smile today?

      Delete
  5. I will try to do that
    Thanks for the insight
    I LOVE You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I love you too.

      Thanks for taking out time to read.

      Delete
  6. A great post to start my day. I'm going to spread positivity with a smile today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, this is a good resolve. It's awesome you're joining the group. Good morning.

      Delete
  7. I love this, more wisdom and knowledge in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is inspiring. I usually do this even to strangers at times but my mood has always been the drive. I've learnt something new today momma. Thanks for this and many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cultivated routine soon becomes an habit. Likewise, a cultivated habit soon becomes a routine. Keep at it.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  9. I love this and I love that it's drawn from a personal experience. You just inspired me. ink on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Inspiring others is my favourite delight.

      Delete
  10. Put a smile on your face, No matter condition Fehin re.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Lagbaja would say "show me your 32"😁

      Delete
  11. One smile can makes someone's day. Really, from experience smiling comes highly recommended for beauty.. Most especially smiles that are hearty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is to say, smile is a natural makeup and beauty enhancer.

      Delete
  12. I Am proud of you V. Awesome story, a lot to be learnt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have learnt something today.
    I usually do the greeting stuff,but not to everyone really,cos I don't want untowards attention most times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get your point. There's always two sides to a coin.

      Delete
  14. I've learnt to keep a smile before i sleep and when I wake up.. But my enemy is stubborn 🤣🤣🤣 any mood can be automatically activated

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DETERMINE YOUR CIRCLE

FASHION GONE WRONG

THROWBACK MEMORIES