GRATITUDE

I left home sometimes back with a burdened heart even though I managed to let out a smile. I kept pondering and dealing with my inner conflict throughout my journey to school.

I was on the staircase, when something happened. I was jolted to reality by a sharp pain. Someone had mistakenly pushed me and the normal me would have shouted but I didn't know why I was calm. "I'm sorry", came the voice while I replied same. He furthered by saying " could you please lead me to room 202?" Only then did I discover he was visually impaired.

One thing that caught my attention was the fact that he was all smiles, full of joy and greeted everyone as I led him to his destination but here I was looking all gloomy because I couldn't get a particular thing. Such a paradox, right? 

Often times, we brood and fail to be grateful for what we have because we can't get that particular thing we want but those who are not privileged to have that little still find it in their heart to give thanks.

Learn the act of thanksgiving, imbibe it and use it daily. It goes a long way.

N.B I know the week is still quite young but would you mind sharing your experience(s).

Comments

  1. Life teaches us gradually to find happiness and appreciation in the littlest of things.

    So, I have become a philosopher. Haq haq haq. First to comment sha🚶🏾‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, our dear philosopher. At least you are the first to comment on this💃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Always. If stalker was a nice word, I would be referred to one on your blog - constantly checking and refreshing the page

      Delete
    2. This is so encouraging. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. We would definitely be happy always if only we learn to count our blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly, happiness isn't the content of our Pocket but that of our heart, only a grateful spirit understands this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DETERMINE YOUR CIRCLE

FASHION GONE WRONG

THROWBACK MEMORIES