CHRISTMAS; A SEASON OF LOVE OR HATE?


It is a wonder that we, at one time or the other, marvel at the hatred spreading its wing in our society today. However, with this thought comes another showing its head in a corner, telling us to mind our business and leave hate to those hating; thus giving us room to forget that we are in the same boat as we have hated others and hated by others too.

A friend spoke to me about an incident in her compound, which amuses her and at the same time baffles her, an irony right. She was coming back from church on a not so pleasant Sunday. On getting home, she received a huge hug from a little girl. She was taken aback, as the girl's parents so to say were not on talking terms with other neighbours. “God knows I needed that hug” she said to me, “but I had to strain from such display of emotion since I didn't want to land the little girl in trouble with her parent”.

Then, I begin to wonder why parents make sure their offsprings follow suit when they are not in good terms with other people. That you have a beef with someone doesn't mean others should follow suit. These actions of ours not only spread hate, but beget evil. In concern to the little girl spoken of, she wanted love from others and wishes to spread it too, but is restricted from doing so because of some beef that probably doesn't concern her.
Children are fragile! Don't instil hate in them.

Let's not forget that it's the season of love. Endeavour to shun hatred and embrace peace which comes from loving enormously.

Merry Christmas and a prosperous, hate free New Year in advance.

About the Writer
Agnes Omotayo is a graduate of the University of Lagos. Her passion is driven by her love for children. She is an OAP and currently co-host a children program (Exploring the Child's World) on Unilag FM 103.1fm which airs every Saturday by 11am-12pm. She is a writer and a great speaker.

Comments

  1. Na me.reach here first (lol)
    Btw when parents have issues it should never get the kids against each other
    Never

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. This is one paramount mistake most parents make.

      Thanks to the writer for bringing this to our notice. Hopefully, our generation won't make that kind of mistake.

      Delete
    2. As usual🀣 always the first.

      Delete
  2. This is a thing my mum's taught me since I was young, she goes “If I ever have any misunderstanding, I want you to continue greeting them, do you hear me?” of course my sister is as rigid as a stone and won't do that(lol) but I do. It's something I've gotten so used to that when a friend has an argument with another friend of mine, it doesn't mean I'll stop speaking to either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kudos to your mum. I love her already. These are hard earned training some parents wouldn't give their kids.

      Delete
    2. Thanks to mum.
      They are always the best 😍

      Delete
    3. My dad taught us that too. He'd always tell us that we have a long way to go. Therefore, we shouldn't gain enemies at this early stage of life.

      Delete
    4. Typical songs most parents play in our ears.

      Delete
  3. I guess I'm the third then.

    Really, if the same energy used to spread hate is used to spread love, things will be amazingly different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still within the lucky numbers. Remember what they say about third being the charm?

      Sadly, hate still enjoys a widespread than love, which absolutely cost nothing to share.

      Delete
    2. Exactly. Let's encouraged love in our midst and show it as well.

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas 😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many parents make this mistake. If you have problems with someone, it's between you and that person. I thank God my parents thought me not to show animosity towards anyone they are not in speaking terms with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DETERMINE YOUR CIRCLE

FASHION GONE WRONG

THROWBACK MEMORIES